Get a Dog License
Dog License & Rabies Vaccination Requirements
- Every dog over 4 months old must have a dog license.
- Every dog over 4 months old must have a rabies vaccination.
- A rabies vaccination is required before you can apply for a dog license.
Animal & Owner Information Needed to Get a Dog License
- A rabies vaccination is required and must be submitted to apply for a dog license.
- If the dog is spayed or neutered, the spayed or neutered certificate must also be presented at the time of licensing.
- If a new license is being purchased, you will be asked to show your state driver’s license or identification card.
- Once owner information, as well as the animal information is recorded, a City dog license will be issued.
- The dog license is renewable each year from the original date of purchase.
How to Get a License for Your Dog
Your Dog Must First Get a Rabies Vaccination
This vaccination protects against the rabies virus. Rabies vaccinations can only be given by a veterinarian or at a pet hospital or clinic. Keep a copy of the vaccination certificate that is given to you. Rabies vaccination and spay or neuter certificates must be presented at the time of licensing an animal.
Where to get a Dog License
Dog Licenses May Be Purchased at City Hall:
11600 Air Expressway
Adelanto, CA 92301
Cost of the license depends on several factors. See the price list to determine the cost of your license:
- $70 each year for dogs not spayed or neutered, $50 for senior or disabled citizens.
- $20 each year if your dog has a spay or neuter certificate from your veterinarian.
- $10 each year for senior or disabled citizens with a spayed or neutered dog.
The age for senior and disabled citizen benefits starts at 55 years young.