Mission & Purpose
MissionTo provide our citizens with the highest quality of service and to uphold and enforce Codes and Standards established to protect the integrity, public health, safety and welfare of all residents, business owners and visitors based upon priorities which are consistent with established standards. Courtesy and professionalism will serve as guiding principles which will permeate the character of Code Compliance, thereby ensuring that our determination to deter violations within the City is tempered with sensitivity and compassion.
Code Compliance will work to develop and implement a proactive, coordinated and focused long-term strategy to improve living conditions through consistent code compliance, thereby facilitating a positive impact on the quality of life in Adelanto through education, enforcement and abatement and to respond to community concerns and attain code compliance while maintaining high professional standards and continually seeking improvements and innovation.
Strategic Focus of Code Compliance
- Conduct neighborhood walkthroughs to see and hear citizen concerns firsthand
- Develop and establish standards and ordinances that ensure positive effects on property value, community appearance and neighborhood pride
- Establish and maintain a proactive environment to help solve community problems and stay at the forefront of creative and effective Code Compliance
- Partner with community organizations and associations and assist them in reaching common goals
- Partner with other departments and agencies to reach our common goals
- Protect the health, safety and welfare of all property owners, residents, tenants, businesses and visitors
- Strive to perform our duties in a fair, professional and courteous manner
- To educate the public about the City’s codes and ordinances and to obtain voluntary compliance