Business License

The City of Adelanto is committed to encouraging business development and economic growth in the city. The city welcomes new businesses and strives to provide information to assist their success.

To operate any business within the City of Adelanto you must first obtain a business license. All home-based business requires a Home Occupation Permit and city Business License. Thank you for taking the first step in completing this process.

To apply for a new business license please visit the City of  Adelanto at 11600 Air Expressway or email the business license division to apply for a new business.  

To renew a license, or make a payment online, visit the Adelanto HDL Companies page.

To apply for a rental business license, contractors' business license or renew a business license over the phone please call 760-298-5461.

All business licenses are valid for one year from issuance date. A business license must be current and active to conduct any business in the city. 
Welcome (
Document (1)

CalGold Home Page
This website assists you in finding appropriate permit information for your business. It also provides contact information for the various agencies that administer & issue these permits.

CDTFA - CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration

The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) administers California's sales and use, fuel, tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis taxes, as well as a variety of other taxes and fees that fund specific state programs. CDTFA administered programs collect over $90 billion annually which in turn supports local essential services such as transportation, public safety and health, libraries, schools, social services, and natural resource management programs through the distribution of tax dollars going directly to local communities.

Tax programs administered by the CDTFA are concentrated in two general areas – sales and use, and special taxes and fees.

To best serve our customers, the CDTFA has offices throughout the state along with offices located in New York, Chicago, and Houston. While the CDTFA team is spread out geographically, we are united in working together to serve taxpayers and feepayers.

Additional Resources

Food Truck Vendors
Senate Bill 205 (2019) was signed by Governor Gavin Newsom on October 2, 2019 and became effective January 1, 2020. This Senate Bill added sections 16000.3 and 16100.3 to the Business and Professions Code and section 13383.10 to the Water Code, and requires a person applying to a city or county for a new or renewed business license to demonstrate enrollment in a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) storm water permit, if such a permit is required. Prior to the issuance or renewal of a business license, the city or county must determine whether the applicant is required to enroll in the NPDES General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Industrial Activities (Industrial General Permit) and, if so, ensure such enrollment has occurred. This will substantially increase the number of compliant industrial facilities and will reduce the spread of pollutants in storm water associated with industrial activities.

Storm Water Multiple Application and Report Tracking System
Business License Division
Email the Business License Division

Physical Address
8839 N. Cedar Ave #212
Fresno, CA 93720

Phone: 760-298-5461

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Physical Address
11600 Air Expressway
Adelanto, CA 92301

Phone: 760-246-2300, ext 11142
Fax: 442-249-1181
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

Business License Application2 documents

  • Adelanto Business License Application Package
    document seq 0.00
  • Sales Tax Reminder
    document seq 0.00

Other Applications4 documents

  • Fireworks Application
    document seq 0.00
  • Home Occupation Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Temporary Business License Application
    document seq 0.00
  • Yard Sale Application
    document seq 0.00

Business Licenses: Storm Water  Discharge Compliance1 document

  • NAICS_SIC_code_search_guide
    document seq 0.00

Food Truck Vendors1 document

  • Ordinance - 638 - Food Trucks
    document seq 0.00